Plantar Fasciitis

The Plantar Fasciitis Community Will Help

Has anyone had severe swelling of the ankle and foot with this?

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep! Sometimes my feet are so bad in the morning I can barely get them into my shoes.
Well I have that problem as well but it gets worse during the day. I have my MD said I have edema but the foot Dr said we might have to do surgery! I have had the same treatments as many of you as well as been in a cast for 6 weeks. Not sure what step is next!

A Cleo said:
Yep! Sometimes my feet are so bad in the morning I can barely get them into my shoes.
Wow Brenda, I'm sorry about that, my swelling is actually only bad in the morning. I would research surgery very, very carefully. The very kind Altotwo who posts here had life-changing (for the better) surgery, but my experiences with the shockwave treatment were so bad (I posted about it in the shockwave treatment thread but in a nutshell it has made my PF much, much worse) that I am incredibly wary of any expensive procedure which purports to cure this. The one thing I have learned this year is to get a second or third opinion! Good luck, Cleo

Brenda said:
Well I have that problem as well but it gets worse during the day. I have my MD said I have edema but the foot Dr said we might have to do surgery! I have had the same treatments as many of you as well as been in a cast for 6 weeks. Not sure what step is next!

A Cleo said:
Yep! Sometimes my feet are so bad in the morning I can barely get them into my shoes.
It can be due to soooo many different factors. Some are related to trauma (injuries of different kinds), others to poor circulation, etc. Talk about it with your doctor!

For myself, the answer is yes. I had the most swelling when I was the most inactive (not walking). A lot of it had to do with inactivity (not walking means poor circulation thus more swelling), coupled with different parts of my foot and ankle that were strained (it doesn't take that much to strain your ankles, tendons, etc. when you don't walk for several weeks).

As a side note, swelling is very different from inflammation. Both can be present at the same time bit not necessarly. (Think puffy eyes - no inflammation there, just swelling!)

Months after, the inflammation remains, but as I got to walk a bit more and strenghten my ankles, the swelling went away gradually. My ankle no longer looks like a grapefruit, but my foot sole still slightly feels bubbly and warm. (the PF isn't cured yet!) This can make my shoes feel tighter, but not to the point I can't slip them on.

Your levels of pain should determine if this is a concern or not!

Anyway, this is just a personnal account... everyone is different. Hope it can help!
I have, I was hiking the Applachian Trail from Maine to Georgia, when I came to a creek I started to look where I could cross. I choose to jump over rocks in the creek. Halfway through I felt a terrible pain in my foot. I discarded my pack made a crutch out of the fork in a branch and hobbled out of the forest leaving the trail. I had that plantar fascitis for years, when it came to a suggestion for surgery i waited. Then a doctor's technican gave me an exercise to do. It is just three exercises. It is put out by the Roche Laboratories Inc; If you want a copy I'll send it to you.
John
John, could you send me a copy of the exercises please? I try EVERYTHING people say worked for them and congratulations on curing your PF, stories like yours (especially of people who healed after an extended period of time) really keep me going! Thank you so much, Cleo

John g parisi said:
I have, I was hiking the Applachian Trail from Maine to Georgia, when I came to a creek I started to look where I could cross. I choose to jump over rocks in the creek. Halfway through I felt a terrible pain in my foot. I discarded my pack made a crutch out of the fork in a branch and hobbled out of the forest leaving the trail. I had that plantar fascitis for years, when it came to a suggestion for surgery i waited. Then a doctor's technican gave me an exercise to do. It is just three exercises. It is put out by the Roche Laboratories Inc; If you want a copy I'll send it to you.
John
Dear A Cleo:
Where do you want me to send you the three exercises put out by Roche Laboratories Inc? I will be happy to send it to you. However, what works for one person may not work for another. Still I know pain from Plantar Fascitis, you have a very hard time walking. Every exercise is on one sheet of paper. I will make a copy and send it to you.

I think what happens when you rub the bottom of your foot against the other calf of the leg the natural body is the best thing.

one exercise: towl on floor and try to pick it up with your toe of the bad foot.
next: rub the bad foot against the calf ot the other leg.
next stand facing a wall lean forward one leg forward and one back then strech.

John




A Cleo said:
John, could you send me a copy of the exercises please? I try EVERYTHING people say worked for them and congratulations on curing your PF, stories like yours (especially of people who healed after an extended period of time) really keep me going! Thank you so much, Cleo

John g parisi said:
I have, I was hiking the Applachian Trail from Maine to Georgia, when I came to a creek I started to look where I could cross. I choose to jump over rocks in the creek. Halfway through I felt a terrible pain in my foot. I discarded my pack made a crutch out of the fork in a branch and hobbled out of the forest leaving the trail. I had that plantar fascitis for years, when it came to a suggestion for surgery i waited. Then a doctor's technican gave me an exercise to do. It is just three exercises. It is put out by the Roche Laboratories Inc; If you want a copy I'll send it to you.
John
Hi John, Thank you so much, I've sent you a friend request and then I'll give you my address in a private message. I'm in Canada and I have U.S. stamps you can use to mail stuff to Canada from the US which I can mail to you if you want. Cleo

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Jason.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service