Plantar Fasciitis

Support Group & Health Community

I believe I have PF, but have not been to a doctor.  I am an avid runner and am wondering how long I would have to stop running for PF to get better.  Are there any other runners out there that took time off to let it heal, and if so, what kind of exercise did you do in the meantime?

Thanks for any advice.

Views: 2664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great to hear your back... we'll done.

I hear so much contradicting information.  Stretch/don't stretch.  It would be great if the medical field could figure out the best, quickest way to fix this injury for everyone across the board.  

Hi Mark. How did the surgery go? I hope you have been recovering well. Let us know :)

It's better to wait until it heals. You can use weights or swimming during that period of time. 

Hi. I am suffering from PF and I am planning to visit a chiropodist in Mississauga soon. The pain in the heel due to prolonged standing and walking could be the symptom of PF. I think it is better to seek medical help soon in your case. I am not sure whether you would be able to run soon. I have read a blog which explains about it in detail. I would like to share it with you.

http://www.erinmillshealth.com/blog/health-tips/ouch-heels-hurt/

Best thing in the morning is to do calf and heel stretches and wear a shoe with a wedge. Don't walk bare footed ever! Take the steroid shots in the foot. May take 3 to 5 trips to the podiatrist but it works. Been dealing with pf about 20yrs. It will come back. It did move to the other foot. Same treatment and doing pretty good.

I've had plantar fasciitis twice now. The first time it took a few months to heal and I wore orthotics even after it was healed. The second time was a nightmare - it was after I completed the London marathon. I tried 3 different types of orthotics and it didn't help. In the end, complete rest (from running!) for 6 months was the only thing that helped. I gradually started running again (with well cushioned trainers) and have been clear of it for 5 years.

Supportive shoes do help to get relief from pf, but it takes time...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Jason.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service