Plantar Fasciitis

Support Group & Health Community

I have been suffering from PF since July now, and I've done just about everything but it hasn't helped. It's worse in my right foot. I've had 3 corticosteroid shots in my right foot & 1 in my left. I've done PT with ultrasound massage and iontophoresis (sp?) ... it's the electrical stimulation. I also have the 'advantage' boot that stretches out my calf & achilles, but that hasn't done much except increase my flexibility. I've also purchased DANSKO clogs but once again ... they haven't done anything. I was also on prednisone for 5 days, taking it 5x a day which was 25mg a day, and all I got from that was heart palpitations and I've done the Lidoderm patches which did nothing - still got a box of those. I'm now trying acupuncture, and I've had 1 treatment but I have not seen any improvement so far. I have another one tomorrow; we'll see how that goes. I am staying far away from surgery. Can anyone suggest anything else? Please and thank you.

Views: 6365

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I let a bunch of negative comments on line keep me from seeking the surgery.  I had my surgery after 4 years of pain.  The original podiatrist did an ultrasound the first time I saw him, then treated for a year without any other diagnostic tests.  After shots, and orthotics for a year he finally did another ultrasound and said nothing had changed, so he sent me to  physical therapy off and on for about 6 months.  I ended up switching Podiatrists.  The new Podiatrist asked why did I treat for so long without any progress?  I didn't really know how to answer.  He immediately ordered a MRI which showed frayed tendons and severe plantar faciitis.  The only real solution is surgery.  I still went to two more Dr.'s with my MrI for their opinion.  One Podiatrist and one Orthapedic.  I had my surgery 3 weeks ago.  No pain.  I havent taken a single pain killer.   I will start slowly some weight bearing in another week and physical therapy, but I have high hopes.  I wish I didn't listen to all the negative chatter.  I suspect a lot of bad diagnosis is the cause of multiple years of dealing with the pain.  See many Drs.   you only have one set of feet.  4 opinions was cheaper than a lot of the treatments that appear not to work for everybody.  I say no fix after 6 months, get multiple opinions on what is next.

Renee,  I totally agree with you.  I went for 7 years.  I did shots, braces, night splints, physical therapy, special ortho shoes, ortho insoles, stretches, ultra sound, etc.  You name it, I tried it.  I had so many people tell me not to do the surgery because of all the complications, etc.  Well, guess what, finally after 7 years, I went and had the surgery done by a very, VERY good doc.  He couldn't understand either why I waited so long.  It's been over 5 years now since I did it, and I can kick myself each time I think of the time I wasted.  I was on crutches, canes, scooters, anything not to walk because the pain was excruciating.   Now, I am pain free and feel great.  My only regret is I didn't get it done sooner and wasted those precious years.  Glad you had it done and hopefully some will listen that if after a year, if it is constant and doesn't go away by some of these methods, go see someone else and think about the surgery.  Bless you!!!!

I have had PF in my left foot, I have  spent so much money trying to get releve,I have done streches, but it seams like a waste of time  and I feel like it doesnt help.,I hurt so bad.Cold make it feel better, but it does'nt stop it.I sometimes feel like I could  be in a wheelchair so I dont have to walk on them.

Donna Hunter said:

I have had PF in my left foot, I have  spent so much money trying to get releve,I have done streches, but it seams like a waste of time  and I feel like it doesnt help.,I hurt so bad.Cold make it feel better, but it does'nt stop it.I sometimes feel like I could  be in a wheelchair so I dont have to walk on them.

I had TENEX laser surgery on my right foot last Wednesday (5 days ago.) I've had PF in both feet off and on for 30 years. Immediately the pain on the outside and around the ankle went away. It's been sore where the needle went in, and yesterday we had a party, and I was up and down the stairs a lot and it hurts where they did the surgery and it is more stiff. But I was impressed how the procedure immediately release the other pain. I hope I didn't mess up the healing by being on my foot so much yesterday. I'm in a walking boot on that foot. Both feet have custom orthotics. They never worked for me to heal me all the way.  I will update in 5 weeks when I have my check up. If I completely heal, I'll do the left foot.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Jason.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service