Plantar Fasciitis

Support Group & Health Community

Hi I am new here, but I have been suffering with Pf on and off for at least 12 years but within the last two years it really flared and I went through Cortisone shots, anti-inflammatories, steroids, orthodicts and finally surgery.  I had surgery on my left foot in Feb 2010; 8 months in to recovering my right foot flared and the doc did surgery on that foot in Oct 2010.  As of today my heels don't hurt, but the entire foot hurts on a scale of 1-10 I would say its a good 7.  I have not been able to go back to work since I had the surger and I don't see any relief in sight.  I am very frustrated by this, I thought after I had the surgery I would have my life back and would be able to go for the long walks I so enjoy, and shopping with my daughter.  Just getting out of bed or walking across the room is pure torcher.  My feet feel like I've walked Disneyland 3 times non-stop and then I get this charle horse feeling in the arch and the tops of the feet hurt, as well as my ankles I can't stand in one place I have to keep shifting my weight from one foot to the other and I can't be on my feet for more than maybe 2 or 3  hours all together and now I have to use a cane when I am out for any lengh of time.  My dr says he dosen't know why my feet continue to hurt but says "it's nothing I've done" and says he has nothing more to offer me.  My question is this has anyone out there ever had this problem after surgery? any help would be appreciated thanks

Views: 10083

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Cara, How are you making out with the new vionics inserts?  I found a new pair of New Balance sneakers that I like with my inserts.  I also tried on some new shoes that I really like.  Merrell's I bought them for my boyfriend who walks an average of 10,000 steps with his job and never complains about his feet.  So I finally tried the women's version and they are pretty comfy. Merrell Mocs (Jungle) style.  They are slips ons and very very comfy. Might be something worth checking out. They aren't girlie girlie but at this point, I don't care anymore. I just want to be pain free.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en/jungle-moc-ice%2B/27603W.html?dwvar_27...

They are pricey on this site.  I found them at our local shoe store ($79) and as soon as I tried them on, I knew they were a keeper.  I would suggest trying them on instead of buying from a website. That way you will know for sure if you like them or not. 

Hope you're feeling better. 

Cara said:

Sounds great! I ordered a pr on Amazon this morning. Glad you were able to walk around the store!!

I see this is post is almost 6 years old. I wanted to sign up just to add something for those who will come across this thread looking for help and hope. I am 9 weeks post-op today from right foot plantar fasciotomy, tarsal tunnel release, and Baxter's nerve entrapment. This was after 2 years going through the gamut of conservative treatment. I am VERY pleased with the results so far. My only regret is that I waited so long. I read so much negative, horrible things about the surgery. I'm here to say it is possible to have excellent results. This past week I have walked 2-3 miles every day. Yes, over 15 miles and I'm 9 weeks post-op. I'm not back to full speed, working hard in physical therapy, but my doctor and I have no doubt that I will get back to full speed. I'm so confident I am planning a trip for a 500 mile hike next year. It feels *great* to be getting my life back. Yes, there ARE success stories out there! - AJ

plantarfasciatarsaltunnelsurgery.wordpress.com

That is great to hear! I had both of my feet done 6.5 weeks ago after 18 months of agony. I hope I am where you are at 9!!! How were you at six so I can judge my progress?
They are better than any of the others I have tried, you are right! I have been wearing Asics with additional inserts to help with arch support. The Asics seem to do well. I have got to find something I can wear in business meetings.

JoanB said:

Hi Cara, How are you making out with the new vionics inserts?  I found a new pair of New Balance sneakers that I like with my inserts.  I also tried on some new shoes that I really like.  Merrell's I bought them for my boyfriend who walks an average of 10,000 steps with his job and never complains about his feet.  So I finally tried the women's version and they are pretty comfy. Merrell Mocs (Jungle) style.  They are slips ons and very very comfy. Might be something worth checking out. They aren't girlie girlie but at this point, I don't care anymore. I just want to be pain free.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en/jungle-moc-ice%2B/27603W.html?dwvar_27...

They are pricey on this site.  I found them at our local shoe store ($79) and as soon as I tried them on, I knew they were a keeper.  I would suggest trying them on instead of buying from a website. That way you will know for sure if you like them or not. 

Hope you're feeling better. 

Cara said:

Sounds great! I ordered a pr on Amazon this morning. Glad you were able to walk around the store!!

Hi Sally, pain after surgery is very common and it can take months to recover. However, simple foot stretches can help with the pain. Here is a link to some helpful stretches

http://luckyfeetshoes.com/best-exercises-plantar-fasciitis/

I hope this helps. 

Hi, I am new here too....I had PF surgery before christmas.....bottom of my foot feels great...but the top of my foot and my ankle hurts when i walk. Im in the nursing field so I am on my feet all day. I have to rotate between my orthotic boot and my nursing shoes for range of motion purposes....question....how long do i have to put up with this pain....this is ridiculous! I thought maybe it might be the boot stiffening my gait? what are your thoughts...thanks

I had surgery in Oct and I still have quite a lot of pain. My ankles hurt a lot and my feet hurt in various places... wondering when the pain will go away. I do stretches, massage, etc... nothing seems to help.
I have had both surgeries in 8 months.. I would say overall I have less pain, but still a considerable amount. Alot of numb/ burning in my heels if that makes any sense, and pain/ discomfort along the entire bottom of my feet.. the pain seems to move around ,but the heel pain is constant.. overall 20% less pain.. I don't know if I consider that successful. First surgery , June 2016... second Nov. 2016
I would say I am similar. I had both feet done at the same time.

Bryan said:
I have had both surgeries in 8 months.. I would say overall I have less pain, but still a considerable amount. Alot of numb/ burning in my heels if that makes any sense, and pain/ discomfort along the entire bottom of my feet.. the pain seems to move around ,but the heel pain is constant.. overall 20% less pain.. I don't know if I consider that successful. First surgery , June 2016... second Nov. 2016

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Jason.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service