Plantar Fasciitis

Support Group & Health Community

Hi I am new here, but I have been suffering with Pf on and off for at least 12 years but within the last two years it really flared and I went through Cortisone shots, anti-inflammatories, steroids, orthodicts and finally surgery.  I had surgery on my left foot in Feb 2010; 8 months in to recovering my right foot flared and the doc did surgery on that foot in Oct 2010.  As of today my heels don't hurt, but the entire foot hurts on a scale of 1-10 I would say its a good 7.  I have not been able to go back to work since I had the surger and I don't see any relief in sight.  I am very frustrated by this, I thought after I had the surgery I would have my life back and would be able to go for the long walks I so enjoy, and shopping with my daughter.  Just getting out of bed or walking across the room is pure torcher.  My feet feel like I've walked Disneyland 3 times non-stop and then I get this charle horse feeling in the arch and the tops of the feet hurt, as well as my ankles I can't stand in one place I have to keep shifting my weight from one foot to the other and I can't be on my feet for more than maybe 2 or 3  hours all together and now I have to use a cane when I am out for any lengh of time.  My dr says he dosen't know why my feet continue to hurt but says "it's nothing I've done" and says he has nothing more to offer me.  My question is this has anyone out there ever had this problem after surgery? any help would be appreciated thanks

Views: 12550

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Carmen, yeah I dropped off for a while it's all so depressing.  I am taking Lodine. I have my medical records from my surgeon I had to take them to the atty when I was trying to file for permante disability, unfortunately the doc put in all his notes on my f/u visits "patient doing well, no pain", patient healed, no pain" which on every visit I told him I was having pain.  After I saw the Atty I went saw my doc, I asked him why he put that, when clearly I told him I was in pain, his answer was that "the pain was not in the heel as it was orginally, if you are now having some  pain it's not the same problem, and was not caused by anything I did".  As well he would not sign or state that I was permanently disabled in anyway.  Basically he was covering his butt. 

So now I am waiting to get a second consult and approval to see a different foot doc, in the mean time the pain I feel in my feet is pretty much similar to the orginal pain only it's not in the heel it's in the arch of the foot, the last two nights I've been woken up with aching feet and when I get out of bed in the am It's the same broken glass pain we all know too well.  And in the last two days I've also noticed that two toes on my left foot get numb when I stand for long  period of time.  What's the cream Carmen, I had one that I used on my great toe joint that was operated on also but I cant remember the name and I can't find it right now.

Hey Sally, I don't know where you live but, it is HOT here in Virginia!!!  And, my foot is on fire too!!  I've been just cleaning out and mulching one flowerbed....I'm in for the day TO HOT.....We are all in this together and I am willing to share with each of you anything I find out because I want to get better and I want you all too. First, let me say that I BET WHAT YOU MENTIONED IS WHAT MY DOCTOR IS DOING.....THAT IS WHY THEY TOLD ME YESTERDAY IT WOULD BE 2-4 WEEKS BEFORE I COULD PICK UP MY MEDICAL RECORDS....THAT BOOOOGER !!!  WELL, you hang tight cause we will work around it........Yes, it is depressing !!!!  I GO BACK TO THE DREADED SURGEON ON THE 21ST OF JUNE AND I DREAD IT...I DON'T WANT TO SEE HIS FACE IT MAKES ME CRINGE..I'LL BESURE TO TELL HIM I HAVE HEEL PAIN.....LOL....I AM SURE WITH ALL THE ISSUES I'VE BROUGHT TO THEIR ATTENTION THEY ARE REALLY UPSET WITH ME AND DOTTING THE 'I'S AND CROSSING THE "T'S"...Sorry I didn't know my cap button was on and I can see better when its on........Now to answer you question about the cream...It was ordered by my neurologist.  It was called into a Pharmacy that MAKES medicines in Alabama...I called them for you...There is NOT a name to the medicine but, I got all the active ingredients for you to share with your doctor.  It helps and works with the nerves, pain and numbness....besure to jot this down and take it with you...Here are the ingrediants:  KETAMINE 10%, GABAPENTIN 6%, BACLOFEN 2%, IMIPRAMINE 3%, NIFEDIPINE 2% AND TETRACAINE 2 %, THEY MIX IT WITH LIPOBERM CREAM AND THEY SHIPPED IT UPS TO MY HOME.  THE PHARMACY IS:  CUSTOM PHARMACY SOLUTION, BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA-1-866-988-3383..THEY ARE WONDERFUL TO TALK TO AND YOU GET A REAL PERSON AND PHARMACIST TO SPEAK WITH.......I WOULD TAKE THESE INGREDIANTS TO YOUR DOCTOR AND ASK THEM TO PLEASE PLEASE ORDER THIS FOR YOU VIA PHONE AND HAVE IT SHIPPED....INSURANCE WILL COVER IT........IT IS AN ANTI-IMFLAMMORY CREAM INSTEAD OF A PILL......I USE IT 4 TIMES A DAY..........LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK...HOPE THIS HELPS ALL OF YOU....:) CARMEN

Hey Carmen, I am back.  Well I went to the Doc today for my MRI results, remeber the doc told me he had nothing to offer me and didn't see a need for an MRI, I then demanded an MRI? well I swore I was not going back to see that doc, but his nurse called and said he wanted to see me ASAP... so I went in this AM and guess what?? the MRI still shows I have PF well now isn't that a suprise?? he says he can count the number of patients he's treated on on one hand that didn't get relife from the surgery.  He wants me to go back to see the Ortho to see what he recommends.  My foot doc says his only option is to do surgery and remove the ENTIRE tendon, I told him NO WAY I am not having any more surgery, he says well then I am at a loss here.  He also keeps saying that the ankel pain has nothing to do with the PF surgery.  I told him yes it does because I didn't have ankle pain before, now I do in both ankles and they hurt exactally the same and in the same places.

So here I am back at square one.  I'll keep you posted as to what the Ortho says, although I've seen him before and he didn't know what to do either.

OH MY GOODNESS............WOW...........Wonder if your doctor and my doctor went to the same medical school !!!!!  My ankles KILL ME......They are hurting now......As soon as I sit down for just a few minutes and try to get up BAM they are so so stiff......I went to my doctor yesterday and I asked him for my Blood Test Results that he demanded I needed since I was still taking pain meds....He said, humm hummm I know I signed off on them, lets see I don't see them in the file, humm hummm, well let me go talk to the nurse.....He came back about 10 minutes later and said, they got lost in the FAX MACHINE FROM THE COMPANY........Now, isn't this strange.....His office is IN THE HOSPITAL he just sent me up to another floor for labs.......I told him, GO FIGURE he said, WHAT??  And, I said GO FIGURE.......Well, all my test after they found them were fine and he is glad I have feeling in the 4th toe and now says, I believe it will get better.......He would not give me an answer about my ankles,  I gave him my copy of the Addendum that I made changes to my medical records.....Another words I got a copy of my records and they had all kinds of false info. in there.......So, I corrected everything and took it to him....He just said, this is a good thing to have IN YOUR FILE BECAUSE IF, YOU EVER HAVE SURGERY AGAIN OTHER SURGEONS WILL NO WHAT THEY ARE UP AGAINST...........urghhhhhhhhhh.......Well, at least you proved your doctor WRONG........He probably didn't do it correct.......I went swimming today again..i've lost 12 pounds now.....But, still have about 30 to go.........Please keep me posted........"C"

It's so frustrating isn't it, it's like talking to a wall.  They just can't admit they can't fix something or maybe they caused another situation.  I think that with the release the the tendon it caused a shift in the bones and that is what is causing the ankle pain.  Oh I forgot to mention my toes are hamering now, isn't that wonderful, when I walk my toes draw up, and to wear low heels forget about it! my toes rub on the shoe and cause blister, but again doc says thats a diffrent problem,......yeah one I DIDN'T HAVE! 

Good for you losing 12lbs : ) I swim every morning and I am down 20, I've got about 30 to go too.  too bad the weight loss has done nothing for my feet. 

CARMEN THANK YOU SO MUCH.JUST LISTEN TO SOMEONE  THAT KNOWS WHAT GOING THU MEANS SO MUCH EVERY ONE WITHOUT THIS PROBLEM JUST DONT UNDERSTAND,I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR TWO YEARS NOW.GOING TO THE VA FOR MEDICAL HELP,HAD SURGERY THREE MONTHS AGO,VERY LITTLE RELIEF.MAYBE TEN PERCENT,ONCE I TOLD MY DOCTORS THAT I WOULD FILE FOR DISABILITY,THEY HAVE BECOME NO HELP AT ALL.WANTS ME TO THINK ITS ALL IN MY HEAD,WHICH SHOWS THEY DONT KNOW JACK ITS IN MY FEET,IFYOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN,BUT THEY KEEP TELLING ME ITS GOING GET BETTER,I WANT TO BELIEVE BUT WHOS GOING TO PAY MY BILLS IN THE MEAN TIME,I KNOW PAIN,I LIVE WITH EVERY DAY,THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW,ITS JUST NOT ME,WHAT ARE MY OTHER OPTIONS ANY ANSWERS OUT THERE, ITS NICE TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE OTHERS,KNOWWHAT IM GOING THOU WITH, ANY ANSWERS PLEASE RESPOND gtownes7@gmail.com
Carmen Poole Hammack said:

HELP..............

I wonder if you are still having pain...........I had my surgery on Jan. 13th, 2011.  It is now April 22, 2011.  I have gone through everything you have....And, I have the same feelings in my feet as you do...they are starting to ache all over and my baby toe is numb and throbs....When I just lay down on the bed to rest my foot it just continues to throb...no relief.....I am still taking pain meds..I don't think I see a light at the end of the tunnel AT ALL..I am so depressed.......Can't work and can only be on my feet all day if I take pain pills other than that I don't do much and gaining more weight cause I can't exercise..My last visit last week to my doctor tried branching out on the fibromyglia and I know that is NOT the problem....I have more pain now than I ever did before.....What are we going to do???  Does anyone else have any suggestions....you can email me at: cozycornercottage@verizon.net.............Carmen

:sally im having the same problem,let me know how it works out for you it might help me gtownes7@gmail .com  my doctors are doing me the same way.

Hi Carmen, yeah I dropped off for a while it's all so depressing.  I am taking Lodine. I have my medical records from my surgeon I had to take them to the atty when I was trying to file for permante disability, unfortunately the doc put in all his notes on my f/u visits "patient doing well, no pain", patient healed, no pain" which on every visit I told him I was having pain.  After I saw the Atty I went saw my doc, I asked him why he put that, when clearly I told him I was in pain, his answer was that "the pain was not in the heel as it was orginally, if you are now having some  pain it's not the same problem, and was not caused by anything I did".  As well he would not sign or state that I was permanently disabled in anyway.  Basically he was covering his butt. 

So now I am waiting to get a second consult and approval to see a different foot doc, in the mean time the pain I feel in my feet is pretty much similar to the orginal pain only it's not in the heel it's in the arch of the foot, the last two nights I've been woken up with aching feet and when I get out of bed in the am It's the same broken glass pain we all know too well.  And in the last two days I've also noticed that two toes on my left foot get numb when I stand for long  period of time.  What's the cream Carmen, I had one that I used on my great toe joint that was operated on also but I cant remember the name and I can't find it right now.

Greg Greg Greg~~~~~Don't drop off and leave me~We are the ONLY support we all have because the doctors are not going to support us....!!!!  Don't our stories sound alike......I mow the yard and BAM I AM I THE BED CRYING MY EYES OUT WITH "BOTH" FEET KILLING ME.........And, I only had surgery on the one foot!!! On my surgery foot the left side of the foot is still numb........But, when I wake up I CANNOT WALK...I AM 49 YEARS OLD, and, I feel lik an OLD OAK TREE.......It threw my knee out and then my back out and I've lost 17 pounds....I went to a second opinion and they would not sign the paper either and did NOT know what was going on.......SO, I PRETTY MUCH THINK WE ARE STUCK......THEY HAVE COVERED THEIR BUTTS AND THEY ALL ARE TRAIN AND KNOW HOW TO DO IT.........I've called a lawyer and from they told me is YOU HAVE TO HAVE "2" PODIDRIST THAT AGREE THAT DAMAGE WAS DONE TO THE FOOT AND BOTH PODIDRIST HAVE TO BE IN THE SAME STATE.......well, I don't have the money to run around and keep trying to find someone.......So, I was finally sent to PAIN MANAGEMENT......He has given me a NEW CREAM.....and 3 Pain Med's.......I am on a contract with him but, I gotta be able to walk...........GREG------ALWAYS WEAR SHOES.......I EVEN WEAR THEM GOING TO THE BATHROOM AT NIGHT.......DO NOT, DO NOT GO BARE FOOTED.......PLEASE......IT WILL ONLY MAKE MATTERS WORSE........the pain management doctor said, yes, damage was done to your foot, and no the p/f was not fixed.........But, the lawyer said, a Pain Management doctor can't sign off on the papers either....it has to be 2 podidrist..........So, we are screwed.........I haven't worked in a year and feel like I am doomed.....Never would of ever ever ever thought it that our bills and budget would be tight.......Thank goodness my husband has a good job he is a engineer.......But, not enought to cover all our bills so we are pulling from our retirement accounts.......The cream has to be ordered from your doctor, neurologist or pain management doctor........I'm not sure its worth it...I did at first........its 25.00 and it is handmade from a pharmacy and they mail it to you........I'll the names......Also, it should be in one of my other notes........its like 7 medicines all together...........I'll wait to hear back from  you.............

GREG, AGAIN PLEASE SEE IF YOU CAN GET REFERRED TO A PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR.......THEY HAVE GIVEN ME "NEUROTIN" AND A "PAIN KILLER".  NEUROTIN HELPS WITH THE NERVE PAIN....PLEASE CONSIDER THESE TWO THINGS............CARMEN

Hi Carmen : ) I am still hurting too, 2 years after surgery.  My foot doc has released me from his care because he can't do anymore and simply has no answers.  I saw the ortho doc who did another MRI and says I still have PF  he said he feels this is as good as it will get, since I've struggled with this for so long like years, and years it's done permanent damage.  If I had had the surgery maybe 6-9 months after I first started having PF I would probably have had a better out come.  As for why my ankles hurting he still has no answer but gave me ankle supports which help alot.  Sooo he tells me to go back to the streches, icing.  Which is hard to do with ankle pain.  I've lost 30 lbs which made no difference in my feet.  I am still taking anti-inflammatories as well as pain meds, some days are ok others finds me stuck on the couch with my feet up I just never know.  I have a friend who is now having problems with PF and her doc is encouraging her to have surgery and I am living as proof not too.  She is now seeing a deep tissue massage therapist.  And I see an Accupuncure doc next week  hoping for some relife

I did Accupunture.......I loved the man I had......Remember it does NOT GET BETTER THE FIRST TIME YOU GO........He cut me a deal of 35.00 if I came twice a week.........I did that for a long time and it did help some....He can focus on ALL PARTS of your body........My Accupunturist also did deep tissue massage and chinese medicine which helped alot.........I am still not back to work......Some days my feet hurt ALL OVER AND ITS BOTH FEET........My knee has gone out, my BACK went out but, since has gotten back to normal.......urghhhhh.....Our bills are piling up and this HAS NEVER NEVER NEVER BEEN A ISSUE..........I've got to find a job and have had a couple interviews......JUST KEEP SHOES ON YOUR FEET........I FOUND "KLOGS" I LOVE THAT BRAND, GREAT SUPPORT........SUPER SHOES SELLS THEM...........WHERE THEM ALL THE TIME..........IT DOES HELP !!!!!!!!!!!  Anti-Inflammatorie did NOT help.........PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIEND TO BE VERY VERY VERY CAREFUL............GIVE HER THIS WEBSITE............GOTTA run a couple errands while my feet are not hurting.......I'll check back with you all................big hugs.............

Oh I've had a couple interviews too it always seems to be "well it came down to between you and an another applicant and we had to select the other applicant" lucky my husband has two jobs and we don't have any debt; cars paid off house almost paid and no CC.  We learned to live UNDER our means in the 80's, not saying that you don't, I am just saying we learned a very hard lesson in the late 8o's.  JObs are so hard to find now adays. Good luck in your interviewing.  I will check out the clogs website.  and yes I understand some days are good and some are not.  I just got back from running errands and I am done for today, shoes off and feet up ankle support on.  I now make lists of things I need and where to get them so I don't have any extra walking to do so my day can last a little longer.  Your right anti-flammatoires don't help my feet, but seems to take the edge off the ankle and other joint pain, not gone but tolerable.   I will pass this website on to my friend : )  thanks for your support it's nice to have someone to relate and BELIEVE when you say I am hurting.... thanks again

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Jason.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service