Plantar Fasciitis

Support Group & Health Community

My podiatrist recommended custom orthotics and I went from bad to worse - still have PF in left foot plus pain in both knees that wasn't there before.  Only wore them on & off for 2 days and it took 2 weeks to feel better.  I am getting a "second opinion" and will request modifications, but am wondering if anyone else has had this issue.  I am a runner but right now it's hard to walk... 

Views: 3253

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I went through loads of custom orthotics - they all made things worse.  The problem is that most orthotics are hard - what you need is something that absorbs shock.  I find over the counter silicone gel insoles work better that anything else.  Different shoes also make a huge difference.  I have found Men's shoes are generally better as they have thicker soles but mostly I wear walking boots or old lady sandals.
Thanks for the reply - that's exactly what my chiropractor said and after one session with him I am much better.  I returned the custom orthotics and the doc was less than pleased, but I told him he needs to learn from my bad experience!

Susannah Drazin said:
I went through loads of custom orthotics - they all made things worse.  The problem is that most orthotics are hard - what you need is something that absorbs shock.  I find over the counter silicone gel insoles work better that anything else.  Different shoes also make a huge difference.  I have found Men's shoes are generally better as they have thicker soles but mostly I wear walking boots or old lady sandals.

I am on crutches now with the right foot in a boot for a stress fracture.  I have been diagnosed with PF in that foot for 2 years now.  After starting on the crutches my left foot really started to hurt me (and it had been hurting a bit even before..) and I started to think, great, now I am getting it in the other  foot.  The symptoms certainly felt like PF symptoms.  So, more or less on a whim, I just stopped with the orthotics on that  foot.  It felt very strange after two years wearing a plain running shoe without a special orthotic.  Almost like I was wearing a slipper.  It felt so insubstantial.  I even had this odd feeling of guilt, like I was doing something wrong.

Frankly, my foot is almost entirely pain free after two days in a normal shoe.  I think it is a tad fatigued since it has been so accustomed to having the arch entirely supported by a something within the shoe.

At this juncture I am just confused about the whole thing.

Suzy,

My PF came on over the course of several years - all the while wearing Dansko clogs with arch support or orthodics.  I do not know if it was the cause but I do know that my pain went from somewhat noticiable to downright debilitating with their use.  Now I can't even do my beloved job anymore and am seeking desk work.

Hello it would be really good to hear some advice and talk to people who understand how it feels. I had recently been diagnosed with RA. I was on hydroxychlorquine but been recommended to be on Methotrexate. I had pain in my feet everyday with the mornings being the worse. but when I am wearing orthofeet's shoes, at that time I dont have pain in my feet

I've been suffering from turf toe for a while, and finally bought orthotic. This was by far the last option. Orthofeet insole helped with discomfort immediately, and easily fit into most of my shoes--I just remove the insole and replace it with this. I didn't need a set, just one, but that's not a complaint, it's a great value! I wore them yesterday to walk my dog, and they didn't slip at all. I'm wearing them today with dress shoes and even without socks they're comfortable.

https://www.orthofeet.com/collections/plantar-fasciitis-shoes

Orthofeeet shoes Recommended by a close friend who has used your product for years with immediate relief. I hope I am able to say the same when I start using them. My foot pain is becoming unbearable. Shopping experience was effortless. Shopping & placing order was easy. Will be waiting to see the quality of product ordered. I have a very small foot, size ladies 4, some size 5's fit if they run small/narrow, which is hard to find. I have high arches & have to have good support shoes. Hoping these orthotic arches will help in my sandals

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Jason.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service