Plantar Fasciitis

Support Group & Health Community

Hmmm...not real sure how to post here....

But...here's story....

Just back from vacation in FLA.....took long walks along beach for exercise/fun (more than usually walk at home)  It was colder than I'd like there....(hah!)....so , was wearing shoes and socks.  I really like these shoes, but they are probably not the best fit....I had to put pads in them so they worked well enough (I have narrow feet....and hard to find "narrow" shoes any more).

Anyhow, after a few days of this, got some achy pain on the bottom of my feet....this has continued.....

As soon as I saw your picture of the anatomy of foot with that reddened area under arch...bingo!...Yes.....exactly....I'm very very very certain this is what it is.

AND.....I dont think this is a horrendous case.....I'm not debilitated or anything.....I just have this achy burny feeling that I dont usually have....and,...it's been over a week, and not gone away......

Hence,...my trip to the internet (I had suspected PF....just never knew *exactly* what it was).

SOOOOO....I think I should wear some better fitting shoes while I'm waiting for this to resolve....take some low dose motrin/advil on a regular basis, try those stretching exercises a bit......and see what happens.

MY QUESTION:

Would you say that well fitting New Balance Shoes are a good choice ?  I do have a pair of them that DO fit well....and that is my plan. 

(by the way....for anyone interested...you CAN still buy New Balance shoes that are manufactured in the USA.....not all of them are.....but especially if you know exactly what you want and go online....they have some still)

Views: 367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Laurie, i have PF now for 6 yrs. i do wear New Balance sneakers and also a sneaker called Aetrex X 801x, they can be bought on Footsmart or go toa Foot Solutions store if there is one around you.
Podiatrists recommend NB sneaks for PF. i do suggest however to see a dr about your pain. the sooner you are diagnosed the better for your feet. there are many conservative avenues to take and do them now, don't wait just because it's not bad.
make sure you are wearing the right size and width for your foot, get measured for a sneaker, i didn't know i was wearing the wron size for a long time. i can no longer walk, run, no treadmill, no heels and most shoes, i taught dance but no longer. let me know what happens!
Hi Kathleen,

THanks for your reply.

I will!

Kathleen Looby said:
Hi Laurie, i have PF now for 6 yrs. i do wear New Balance sneakers and also a sneaker called Aetrex X 801x, they can be bought on Footsmart or go toa Foot Solutions store if there is one around you.
Podiatrists recommend NB sneaks for PF. i do suggest however to see a dr about your pain. the sooner you are diagnosed the better for your feet. there are many conservative avenues to take and do them now, don't wait just because it's not bad.
make sure you are wearing the right size and width for your foot, get measured for a sneaker, i didn't know i was wearing the wron size for a long time. i can no longer walk, run, no treadmill, no heels and most shoes, i taught dance but no longer. let me know what happens!
Hi
I have plantar fasciitis myself for a few months now. My podiatrist prescribed me with Custom made orthotics which did not work at all. If you wore the shoes that you already have and you are still in pain so the shoes are not a good solution. I found very good shoe advice in this web site:
http://plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com/plantar_fasciitis_shoes.html
Take care & Good luck

Hello,

You should look into Bernie Mevs, they are super supportive and I have been wearing them for a while and it has been a big help with my plantar fasciitis. They even have a pair of high heels and wedges that I wear and it feels as if I am wearing regular shoes !

Hi Laurie, 

New Balance is recommended by podiatrists for pf patients. They're comfy and cute, too. Just make sure that they're comfortable on your feet, anything comfy would work fine. You can add some pads or insoles, just don't go for the custom ones, they're too expensive and totally unnecessary.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Jason.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service