Plantar Fasciitis

Support Group & Health Community

Hiya,

 

I was originally diagnosed with PF 15 years ago and have treid about 15 different treatments but none help and currently my PF is the worse it has ever been. I am constantly limping and the pain in my right foot is excruciating (I have it in both feet). I often feel like no one really understands what this is like and that I am putting it on! Below are the various things I have tried:

1. Othotice (custom made by a podiatrist) - expensive

2. Gel pads

3. Heel Cushions

4. Over the counter Orthotics

5. Reflexology

6. Aromatherapy

7. Reiki

8. Gels / Deep Heat Rubs

9. NSAIDs

10. Injections of cortisone (twice through the sole of my foot - ouch! and once through the side of my ankle)

11. The strongest pain relief my chemist would sell me

12. Physiotherapy (who also taped my right foot)

 

I am running out of ideas and am at my wits end as to what my options are. Would an operation help? Is there an operation for PF?

 

Any advice?

 

Peter

Views: 3770

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion



Deirdre Hegarty said:

Teri thanks so much for that, will buy them at the weekend and keep you posted, do you continue to take them always or for a set period?? many thanks for sharing



Teri Hansford said:

I had an experience with PF several years ago. Believing I had stepped on something and it was just a "stone bruise", I limped on, waiting for time to heal it. Finally realizing this was something else, I went to the internet and found a web page, such as this one, on PF. I made an appointment with my doctor. She ordered X-Rays, validated my self diagnosis and prescribed Vioxx. This worked well but the side effects of taking this type of anti-inflammatory for long periods of time didn't really set well with me. (They've since taken this drug off the market.) I discontinued Vioxx and purchased the PF night splint. It was so uncomfortable (for me) that often I had to make a decision; do I want a restful night's sleep? Or Do I want to get up out of bed the next morning without my heel pain and be tired all day? It didn't take long for me to conclude this wasn't going to be a 'fix' unless I wanted to wear the splint the rest of my life.

In desperation, I visited my local health food store. The clerk helped me look up remedies for "heel pain" and "bone spurs". The following, taken together, were listed as actually dissolving bone spurs over time and speeding repair to injured soft tissue. I began taking these and after just two weeks, the pain was gone.

Vitamin C 5000mg/day ~ Cal-Mag-Zinc 4 tablets/day (The Cal-Mag-Zinc I purchased has 333mg calcium, 133mg magnesium and 5mg of zinc) ~ Super B-Complex 1 tablet/day ~ Bioflavonoid 500mg/day.

I didn't take these all at once but rather half in the morning with breakfast and the other half at dinner that evening.

My job didn't allow me to sit at my desk much. I was on my feet and on the run more often than not. Finding this "cure" was a God send for me.

These are inexpensive, common supplements and can be found at your local Wal-Mart or drug store if you don't have a local health food store. Of course, I can't guarantee these will work for you, but it sure did the trick for me.

I've since offered this 'recipe' to several co-workers, friends and family members that have been stricken with PF and it has worked every time for them as well.

Good luck !

You're so very welcome, Deirdre ~

I think I may have taken them for a few weeks after the pain subsided to make sure I had gone completely through the healing process but no, I didn't continue to take them after that.  I've never had PF problems since then.

Good luck !


Deirdre Hegarty said:



Deirdre Hegarty said:

Teri thanks so much for that, will buy them at the weekend and keep you posted, do you continue to take them always or for a set period?? many thanks for sharing



Teri Hansford said:

I had an experience with PF several years ago. Believing I had stepped on something and it was just a "stone bruise", I limped on, waiting for time to heal it. Finally realizing this was something else, I went to the internet and found a web page, such as this one, on PF. I made an appointment with my doctor. She ordered X-Rays, validated my self diagnosis and prescribed Vioxx. This worked well but the side effects of taking this type of anti-inflammatory for long periods of time didn't really set well with me. (They've since taken this drug off the market.) I discontinued Vioxx and purchased the PF night splint. It was so uncomfortable (for me) that often I had to make a decision; do I want a restful night's sleep? Or Do I want to get up out of bed the next morning without my heel pain and be tired all day? It didn't take long for me to conclude this wasn't going to be a 'fix' unless I wanted to wear the splint the rest of my life.

In desperation, I visited my local health food store. The clerk helped me look up remedies for "heel pain" and "bone spurs". The following, taken together, were listed as actually dissolving bone spurs over time and speeding repair to injured soft tissue. I began taking these and after just two weeks, the pain was gone.

Vitamin C 5000mg/day ~ Cal-Mag-Zinc 4 tablets/day (The Cal-Mag-Zinc I purchased has 333mg calcium, 133mg magnesium and 5mg of zinc) ~ Super B-Complex 1 tablet/day ~ Bioflavonoid 500mg/day.

I didn't take these all at once but rather half in the morning with breakfast and the other half at dinner that evening.

My job didn't allow me to sit at my desk much. I was on my feet and on the run more often than not. Finding this "cure" was a God send for me.

These are inexpensive, common supplements and can be found at your local Wal-Mart or drug store if you don't have a local health food store. Of course, I can't guarantee these will work for you, but it sure did the trick for me.

I've since offered this 'recipe' to several co-workers, friends and family members that have been stricken with PF and it has worked every time for them as well.

Good luck !

Hi Teri,

Just to say I did take as you said for about 6 weeks and it didnt work on me, however, it did stop me getting the colds that everyone else did, so thats something,  cheers

Teri Hansford said:

You're so very welcome, Deirdre ~

I think I may have taken them for a few weeks after the pain subsided to make sure I had gone completely through the healing process but no, I didn't continue to take them after that.  I've never had PF problems since then.

Good luck !


Deirdre Hegarty said:



Deirdre Hegarty said:

Teri thanks so much for that, will buy them at the weekend and keep you posted, do you continue to take them always or for a set period?? many thanks for sharing



Teri Hansford said:

I had an experience with PF several years ago. Believing I had stepped on something and it was just a "stone bruise", I limped on, waiting for time to heal it. Finally realizing this was something else, I went to the internet and found a web page, such as this one, on PF. I made an appointment with my doctor. She ordered X-Rays, validated my self diagnosis and prescribed Vioxx. This worked well but the side effects of taking this type of anti-inflammatory for long periods of time didn't really set well with me. (They've since taken this drug off the market.) I discontinued Vioxx and purchased the PF night splint. It was so uncomfortable (for me) that often I had to make a decision; do I want a restful night's sleep? Or Do I want to get up out of bed the next morning without my heel pain and be tired all day? It didn't take long for me to conclude this wasn't going to be a 'fix' unless I wanted to wear the splint the rest of my life.

In desperation, I visited my local health food store. The clerk helped me look up remedies for "heel pain" and "bone spurs". The following, taken together, were listed as actually dissolving bone spurs over time and speeding repair to injured soft tissue. I began taking these and after just two weeks, the pain was gone.

Vitamin C 5000mg/day ~ Cal-Mag-Zinc 4 tablets/day (The Cal-Mag-Zinc I purchased has 333mg calcium, 133mg magnesium and 5mg of zinc) ~ Super B-Complex 1 tablet/day ~ Bioflavonoid 500mg/day.

I didn't take these all at once but rather half in the morning with breakfast and the other half at dinner that evening.

My job didn't allow me to sit at my desk much. I was on my feet and on the run more often than not. Finding this "cure" was a God send for me.

These are inexpensive, common supplements and can be found at your local Wal-Mart or drug store if you don't have a local health food store. Of course, I can't guarantee these will work for you, but it sure did the trick for me.

I've since offered this 'recipe' to several co-workers, friends and family members that have been stricken with PF and it has worked every time for them as well.

Good luck !

OK, did Peter or anyone here have surgery?

Does anyone get better (the odd vitamin treatment notwithstanding)?

FYI: Avoid NSAIDs and antiflammatories - they retard the healing.

NHS and others don't care about "qualify of life" and pain treatment. I had HORRIBLE back pain and the only treatment here was botox (after everything else) that broke the cycle of pain. wonderful to stop the muscle spasm but $4,000/session. No way NHS/ObamaCare is going to pay for that. I am alive and that is their standard. Don't waste money on people in pain.

But back to PF: surgery work????????? Never heard of it working but heard of it NOT working - even worse. Here in the states the podiatrist WANTS to cut you open. Lots of $ to be made.

Deirdre Hegarty said:

Hi Teri,

Just to say I did take as you said for about 6 weeks and it didnt work on me, however, it did stop me getting the colds that everyone else did, so thats something,  cheers

Teri Hansford said:

You're so very welcome, Deirdre ~

I think I may have taken them for a few weeks after the pain subsided to make sure I had gone completely through the healing process but no, I didn't continue to take them after that.  I've never had PF problems since then.

Good luck !


Deirdre Hegarty said:



Deirdre Hegarty said:

Teri thanks so much for that, will buy them at the weekend and keep you posted, do you continue to take them always or for a set period?? many thanks for sharing



Teri Hansford said:

I had an experience with PF several years ago. Believing I had stepped on something and it was just a "stone bruise", I limped on, waiting for time to heal it. Finally realizing this was something else, I went to the internet and found a web page, such as this one, on PF. I made an appointment with my doctor. She ordered X-Rays, validated my self diagnosis and prescribed Vioxx. This worked well but the side effects of taking this type of anti-inflammatory for long periods of time didn't really set well with me. (They've since taken this drug off the market.) I discontinued Vioxx and purchased the PF night splint. It was so uncomfortable (for me) that often I had to make a decision; do I want a restful night's sleep? Or Do I want to get up out of bed the next morning without my heel pain and be tired all day? It didn't take long for me to conclude this wasn't going to be a 'fix' unless I wanted to wear the splint the rest of my life.

In desperation, I visited my local health food store. The clerk helped me look up remedies for "heel pain" and "bone spurs". The following, taken together, were listed as actually dissolving bone spurs over time and speeding repair to injured soft tissue. I began taking these and after just two weeks, the pain was gone.

Vitamin C 5000mg/day ~ Cal-Mag-Zinc 4 tablets/day (The Cal-Mag-Zinc I purchased has 333mg calcium, 133mg magnesium and 5mg of zinc) ~ Super B-Complex 1 tablet/day ~ Bioflavonoid 500mg/day.

I didn't take these all at once but rather half in the morning with breakfast and the other half at dinner that evening.

My job didn't allow me to sit at my desk much. I was on my feet and on the run more often than not. Finding this "cure" was a God send for me.

These are inexpensive, common supplements and can be found at your local Wal-Mart or drug store if you don't have a local health food store. Of course, I can't guarantee these will work for you, but it sure did the trick for me.

I've since offered this 'recipe' to several co-workers, friends and family members that have been stricken with PF and it has worked every time for them as well.

Good luck !

Dear All,

 

Following my surgery way back in March 2012 I have found the following:

1. Don't get an infection in the wound - it takes months to heal!

2. DR/GP do not really give a shit if you are in agony (if you manage to get an appt)

3. Tried the various vitamins - made my pee bright flurescent yellow and my belly effervescent but stuck at it for 3 weeks before giving uo

4. My left heal feels hard/fat like I have a mass of scar tissue

5. I have resigned myself to living with it and using pain relief when really bad

6. Hoping that one day it may pass!

7. Oh I also brought some FS6 Compression socks things from Boots at £29.99 - did not do much apart from make my feet swell if I wore them too long

8. Starting to think my problems is not PF and maybe it is something else!

 

Sorry for a very negative response but am at work living through a bout of sciatica that I am sure is related to my PF!

 

Peter

I had a special shoe need for my mom's diabetic feet. I was able to remove the innersoles and replace them with the ones from the podiatrist. Orthofeet the only shoes I could find that would provide support and allow for the straps to still wrap around over the thicker innersole. I still had to take them to the shoe repairman to have the Velcro moved, but he was able to customize them for a more secure fit. Great shoe for this particular need.

https://www.orthofeet.com/collections/diabetic-shoes

Hi,
I have suffered with plantar fasciitis for close to three years now. It is an incredibly painful and frustrating disorder. I have tried almost everything - custom orthotic inserts, physical therapy, cortisone injections, a walking boot, heel lifts, surgery, etc. I have started a blog documenting my journey with PF that you are welcome to check out my blog for some tips and advice.
If that link to my blog doesn't work, please private message me and I will send it to you. Take care and feel better soon. :)
- Becky

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Jason.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service